According to the App Store Transparency Report for 2022 (2022 App Store Transparency Report), published on the company’s website, as of 2022, there were 1,783,232 applications in the App Store. This is the first report released as part of the company’s 2021 App Store Developer Settlement .
Here are some more interesting numbers:
- Total registered developers – 36,974,015
- Average number of accounts searching for something in the App Store per week – 373,211,396
- Accounts closed – 428,487
- Appeals – 3338
- Restored – 159
- There were 6,101,913 app reviews
- Of these, 1,679,694 were rejected
- Top Reasons for Rejection – Security, Performance, Business, Design, Legal
- Apps approved after issues were resolved – 253,466
- Apps removed from the App Store 186,195
- Top Uninstall Categories – Games, Utilities, Business, Education and Lifestyle
- Top reasons for deletion – Design, Fraud, Developer Code of Conduct, Copyright Violation, Spam
- Top countries by app removals – China, India, Pakistan, Russia, Turkey
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 30.11
XcodeKit, Kotlin Functions, Knowledge Graphs from scratch and more!
Working with XcodeKit
In this talk, we'll delve into the world of XcodeKit and Editor Extensions, showing you how to streamline your workflow,...
Google Play’s best apps and games of 2023
Google and Apple have announced the best apps and games in their shops. Here’s how the top looks like in...
Best apps and games of the year in the App Store Awards 2023
For more than a decade now, Apple has set aside time at the end of the year to recognise the...
FlexibleBottomSheet – Advanced Jetpack Compose bottom sheet
FlexibleBottomSheet is an advanced Jetpack Compose bottom sheet that allows you to implement segmented sizing and non-modal type, similar to...
Mobile App Monetization Guide 2023
Learn how to dominate high growth periods with proven best practices and powerful technology.