Project IDX, Google’s universal web environment for AI-driven app development, got a full-fledged iOS simulator and Android emulator right in the browser. As a reminder, this is a cloud-based IDE based on VSCode that, among other things, allows you to use Flutter. I’m not sure if it will be possible to build and post projects to the App Store, but just testing apps without macOS would probably be nice already. For now, though, Project IDX is running limited and you have to go through a waiting list to get in.
- How iPhone Push Notifications Leak User Data
- A new access modifier in Swift: package
- SwiftUI main thread hang detector
- Scroll transition effects in iOS 17
- Mastering the Model Layer: Iron-Clad State Management in Model-Driven App
- Through the Ages: Apple Animation APIs
- Creating Dynamic Menus with Jetpack Compose
- Netflix Toolbar Scroll Effect
- Jetpack Compose Puzzlers
- Going Old School
- Bottom Dialog Android Picker – Jetpack Compose Android file picker
- Gemini Android – Google’s Generative AI on Android with Stream Chat SDK for Compose
- 10 unconventional lessons from 10 years working as a software engineer
- New Copilot study finds declining code quality
Mobile App Development Trends – 29.02
Working with dates and Codable, Fun with shapes in Compose, The missing guide to deep linking and more!
The open source StarCoder 2 model runs on regular GPUs
Companies are making more and more artificial intelligence-based code generators at an astonishing rate – services like GitHub Copilot and...
Google TV updates the homescreen
You may notice your apps taking a different shape on your Google TV For You screen.
Decompose – Kotlin Multiplatform lifecycle-aware business logic components with routing and pluggable UI
Decompose is a Kotlin Multiplatform library for breaking down your code into tree-structured lifecycle-aware business logic components (aka BLoC), with...
Mobile App Development Trends – 28.02
How to use VariadicView, Comprehensive Guide To Kotlin Context Receiver, OWASP Mobile Top 10 and more!
GitHub opens access to Copilot Enterprise
Copilot Enterprise includes all the features of the existing Business plan, including intellectual property indemnification, but extends it with a...