People are reporting from the field that in beta 17.4 for the European Union, PWA apps no longer work. Instead, they open in Safari. As X jokes, “iOS is finally treating all browsers equally when it comes to PWAs. Previously, only Safari could install and run PWA apps. With the release of iOS 17.4 beta in the EU, no browser can install PWA apps, not even Safari.” Apparently, this is due to the introduction of alternative browsers, so it’s Apple’s style of “to hell with them, let’s do it, but make everyone howl”.
- Using SwiftNIO – Channels
- The power of self-sufficient features
- What is @testable Annotation in Swift?
- First thoughs about The Composable Architecture in iOS
- Building a Passcode Lock Screen in SwiftUI: A Step-by-Step Guide
- One-Time Events, StateFlow VS. Channel
- Android Interview Questions: 2024
- Pixel Perfect: Designing for Every Screen, Every Fold
- On-Device Machine Learning In Android: Frameworks and Ecosystem
- Best Flutter Packages Of 2023
- Flutter: Screen Navigation
- Tracking Lifecycle changes in Compose Multiplatform: IOS and Android
Mobile App Development Trends – 29.02
Working with dates and Codable, Fun with shapes in Compose, The missing guide to deep linking and more!
The open source StarCoder 2 model runs on regular GPUs
Companies are making more and more artificial intelligence-based code generators at an astonishing rate – services like GitHub Copilot and...
Google TV updates the homescreen
You may notice your apps taking a different shape on your Google TV For You screen.
Decompose – Kotlin Multiplatform lifecycle-aware business logic components with routing and pluggable UI
Decompose is a Kotlin Multiplatform library for breaking down your code into tree-structured lifecycle-aware business logic components (aka BLoC), with...
Mobile App Development Trends – 28.02
How to use VariadicView, Comprehensive Guide To Kotlin Context Receiver, OWASP Mobile Top 10 and more!
GitHub opens access to Copilot Enterprise
Copilot Enterprise includes all the features of the existing Business plan, including intellectual property indemnification, but extends it with a...