It looks like alternative stores on iOS are coming after all. Albeit in a limited way. In Europe, the Digital Markets Act is coming into effect next year and at least 3 companies have already announced their intention to launch their own store. Previously Epic and Microsoft, now Setapp, which is distributing macOS and iOS apps under subscription, has pulled up. They promise 70% to developers of used applications and 20% to the one who brought a client. So if you have the desire – you can apply for now and get on the waiting list. As soon as Apple authorizes it, everything will start rolling right away.
- Apple’s Animation APIs: Through the Ages
- Unveiling the Future: Apple VisionOS Explained with Use Cases
- SwiftUI Cookbook
- Building a searchable map with SwiftUI and MapKit
- Build a Reactive Screen Flow in Swift With Workflow
- Jetpack Emoji Picker: новый способ добавления эмодзи в приложение для Android
- Android-Hidden Users for Specific Account
- Stop Calling Kotlin Flows Hot and Cold
- Kotlin’s Supercharged Flow API — Combining and Merging Flows for Reactive Programming
- Enrich stylus and mouse experiences with hover
- Navigating the Complexities: Multi-Module Navigation with Navigation Component
- Recreating UseCase: Embracing a Fluent and Fun Approach
- Dioxus – Fullstack GUI library for desktop, web, mobile, and more
- Creating Ultra gradients with flutter
- Niyo’s journey with the Flutter mobile app
- $3 million: Configu – configuration-as-code platform
- Scaling the Instagram Explore recommendations system
- How we reduced the cost of building Twitter at Twitter-scale by 100x
- What is offline-first architecture?
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 03.10
iOS MetaCodable – Supercharge Swift’s Codable implementations with macros meta-programming How to build a Tuist plugin and publish it using...
How to make and use BOM (Bill of Materials) dependencies in Android projects
By using a BOM dependency, you can avoid specifying the versions of each individual library in your app, and let...
Telegram turns 10 years old and revenues stagnate
Telegram seems to want to grow not only through messaging but also through communities, which pretty much means it wants...
MetaCodable – Supercharge Swift’s Codable implementations with macros meta-programming
Supercharge Swift‘s Codable implementations with macros. Overview MetaCodable framework exposes custom macros which can be used to generate dynamic Codable implementations. The core of the framework...
How to get started with Swift Concurrency 🧵 (Beginner Tutorial)
Swift has built-in support for writing asynchronous and parallel code in a structured way. Asynchronous code can be suspended and resumed later,...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 02.10
Data.ai has summarized the interim results of the year – and once again we have a record. Annual consumer spending...