Data.ai has summarized the interim results of the year – and once again we have a record. Annual consumer spending on the App Store and Google Play reached $100 billion faster than ever before – as early as September, while in 2021 and 2022 it happened in October, and in 2020 in December. Overall, users spent 3.7% more in Q3, with iOS sales up 1% year-on-year and Google Play up as much as 9.7%. However, iOS still generated the bulk of consumer spending – $21.2 billion compared to Google Play’s $12.4 billion. Pleasingly, the bulk of the growth in Q3 came from apps, with spending up 10.6% on iOS and 20% on Google Play. Mobile gaming spending growth was more modest at 5% on Google Play, and on iOS mobile gaming spending was down 5.6%. Overall, the numbers suggest the app economy is stabilizing after an initial downturn in 2022.
- Debugging Improvements in Swift 5.9
- Crossing the Boundary
- Creating Shortcuts with App Intents
- Taking your Strings Catalogs to the Next Level
- Force Update Mechanism
- Recreate a Dribbble App Design with UIKit
- FittedSheets – Bottom sheets for iOS.
- Integrating Adaptability features into your Native Game
- A feature flag PSA
- Screenshot testing in Compose
- Testing Android PagingSource
- Optimize thermal and CPU performance with the Android Dynamic Performance Framework
- Elegant Event Handling in Kotlin – A Refactoring Walkthrough
- Unlocking the Power of ProGuard in Android: A Comprehensive Guide
- Building Kotlin Coroutine Framework from Scratch: Part 2 -Reinventing Dispatchers
- How to Use Kotlin’s Timing API
- ComposeFadingEdges – Android Compose UI with fading edges
- A fond farewell to Flutter and Dart
- Efficient Dart: optimizing CPU-bound load in Flutter without missing a frame
Is it okay to use runBlocking?
In this video I’ll talk about when it’s fine to use the runBlocking function from Kotlin coroutines and when you...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 07.12
KSP2 Preview, Mastering in SwiftUI, How to implement gamification and more!
Gemini is the new foundation for artificial intelligence in Android
Foundation models are trained on a variety of data sources to create artificial intelligence systems that can adapt to a...
Google has released AlphaCode 2 based on Gemini
Google today, along with its Gemini artificial intelligence model, unveiled AlphaCode 2, an improved version of the AlphaCode code generator...
ColorfulX – Metal for crafting multi-colored gradients
ColorfulX is an implementation using Metal for crafting multi-colored gradients. ColorfulX Platform UIKit and AppKit platforms are generally supported. Due to MTKView not...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 06.12
Power of enums, A New Foundation for AI on Android, developer dogmas and more!