Match (Tinder, Hinge, OKCupid, Match.com and others) and Google have reached a pre-trial agreement and now the former company’s dating apps will be able to have alternative payments even when distributed in the latter’s store. It still doesn’t apply to everyone yes and the benefit is obvious for the big players like Match. Google User Choice Billing will reduce commission payments from 15% and 30% to 11% and 26% respectively. In other words, the “Google tax” will be reduced by 4% (Apple – by 3). In general, third-party payments are being implemented. As predicted – it makes absolutely no sense for small developers.
- Server-side Swift? Why not?
- Builder Design Pattern in iOS
- Singleton Design Pattern in iOS
- The Future of Accessing User Location in SwiftUI
- The curious case of ShareLink with plain text strings
- SwiftData CRUD Operations
- Moya – Network abstraction layer written in Swift
- How to Use Render Effects in Jetpack Compose for Stunning Visuals
- Kotlin Coroutines vs Threads Memory Benchmark
- The Syntax Chronicles: Implementing Google Sheets API in your Android app
- 12 Image Tips and Best Practices for the Best UX Performance in Flutter
- Networking in Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile Using Ktor
- How to create a Flutter plugin step by step
- Flutter: State Management with pure MVVM
What is Copy-On-Write
Copy-On-Write (COW) is a strategy used in computer programming and operating systems to optimize the performance and efficiency of memory...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 11.12
Large photos in SwiftUI, Mutation Testing, Processing Payments in Firebase and more!
SDKs for which Apple will require a signature have been published
Apple has already listed SDKs commonly used in apps in the App Store that, from spring 2024, you will be...
Discover the Journaling Suggestions API
Journaling Suggestions is a visual picker interface for iPhone applications. It displays personal events that are happening in a person’s...
Tusky – An Android client for the microblogging server Mastodon
Tusky is a beautiful Android client for Mastodon. Mastodon is an ActivityPub federated social network. That means no single entity controls...
Swift 30 Projects: 30 mini Swift Apps for self-study
This repo is updated with Swift 5 and compatible with iPhone X: Simple UIKit components UIScrollView, UITableView, UICollectionView CAAnimations and...