App Uninstall Report 2023 by AppsFlyer
AppsFlyer has released the App uninstall report 2023, which provides an average of app returns and uninstalls over the past year.
Users delete applications – this is a fact. Apps often fall short of ever-higher user expectations, and an increase in deletions can also indicate serious problems with the app itself or with the way it’s positioned. Therefore, marketers need to measure removals and understand why, when and who is behind them – this is important for optimizing UA, managing, creating appropriate expectations and reducing the very risk of audience churn.
AppsFlyer has released the App uninstall report 2023, which provides an average of app returns and uninstalls over the past year. Here are some key facts from it:
- 49% of apps are deleted within 30 days of being downloaded. This is 8 percentage points less than in 2021.
- Gaming has the highest removal rate at 66% in October. The lowest rates were noted in travel apps – 31%, where user loyalty to the brand is higher.
- 49% of uninstalls that occur within 30 days of upload occur within the first 24 hours. Financial apps posted the biggest decline, with first-day numbers 27% higher than the average for other verticals.
- 28% is the offset gap between emerging and developed markets, with the latter at 46% compared to 36% for the former.
- In Russia, the average removal rate within 30 days is 33.4%
The report is based on 4 billion installs for approximately 5,000 Android apps. You can read the entire report on the AppsFlyer website.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 01.06
iOS Mastering Swift Foundation Formatter API Performance Trace Profiles in iOS: Debugging performance issues you can’t reproduce Navigation tools come...
Apollo could go out of business due to new Reddit API pricing
Apollo developer has spoken to Reddit on numerous occasions to discuss these pricing issues, and while he described the conversations...
Kamel – Kotlin asynchronous media loading and caching library for Compose
Kamel is an asynchronous media loading library for Compose Multiplatform. It provides a simple, customizable and efficient way to load, cache,...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 31.05
iOS Presenting Content In Pages Using SwiftUI The Ultimate iOS Interview Guide: 16 Comprehensive Questions from Beginner to Senior Level...
Microsoft improves Dev Boxes and prepares for launch
The Dev Box can be used to create "workstations" in the Azure cloud on demand for a specific project, providing...
Dot Globe – Dotted Globe for Swift
A SceneKit and Metal Powered interactive globe for UIKit and SwiftUI Dot Globe Features Display an interactive 3D globe Customize...