Users delete applications – this is a fact. Apps often fall short of ever-higher user expectations, and an increase in deletions can also indicate serious problems with the app itself or with the way it’s positioned. Therefore, marketers need to measure removals and understand why, when and who is behind them – this is important for optimizing UA, managing, creating appropriate expectations and reducing the very risk of audience churn.
AppsFlyer has released the App uninstall report 2023, which provides an average of app returns and uninstalls over the past year. Here are some key facts from it:
- 49% of apps are deleted within 30 days of being downloaded. This is 8 percentage points less than in 2021.
- Gaming has the highest removal rate at 66% in October. The lowest rates were noted in travel apps – 31%, where user loyalty to the brand is higher.
- 49% of uninstalls that occur within 30 days of upload occur within the first 24 hours. Financial apps posted the biggest decline, with first-day numbers 27% higher than the average for other verticals.
- 28% is the offset gap between emerging and developed markets, with the latter at 46% compared to 36% for the former.
- In Russia, the average removal rate within 30 days is 33.4%
The report is based on 4 billion installs for approximately 5,000 Android apps. You can read the entire report on the AppsFlyer website.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 30.11
XcodeKit, Kotlin Functions, Knowledge Graphs from scratch and more!
Working with XcodeKit
In this talk, we'll delve into the world of XcodeKit and Editor Extensions, showing you how to streamline your workflow,...
Google Play’s best apps and games of 2023
Google and Apple have announced the best apps and games in their shops. Here’s how the top looks like in...
Best apps and games of the year in the App Store Awards 2023
For more than a decade now, Apple has set aside time at the end of the year to recognise the...
FlexibleBottomSheet – Advanced Jetpack Compose bottom sheet
FlexibleBottomSheet is an advanced Jetpack Compose bottom sheet that allows you to implement segmented sizing and non-modal type, similar to...
Mobile App Monetization Guide 2023
Learn how to dominate high growth periods with proven best practices and powerful technology.
Media4 weeks ago
A Complete Guide on “Login with WhatsApp” in Flutter Apps (w/ backend)
Media2 weeks ago
Building Complex Scroll Animations With New iOS 17 API’s
Media4 weeks ago
The Ultimate Guide to Android Splash Screen Animations – Splash API
Media3 weeks ago
Practical magic with animations in Jetpack Compose