In this video, we’re going to explore Swift Concurrency and some of the new capabilities we get in Swift.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 00:45 What is Swift Concurrency?
- 03:35 Async/Swift in Swift
- 19:45 Structured Concurrency
- 27:40 What are Tasks in Swift Concurrency?
- 28:52 Breaking down AsyncLet
- 33:58 Breaking down the Task Lifecycle
- 37:14 What is Task Cancellation?
- 45:59 Exploring Group Tasks
- 55:30 Unstructured Tasks
- 01:05:35 Working with Detached Tasks
- 01:13:11 Exploring Continuations
- 01:23:03 Breaking down Actors
- 01:31:38 Preventing Actor Reentrancy
- 01:42:35 Exploring Actor Isolation
- 01:48:05 What is Sendable?
- 01:49:28 What is MainActor?
- 01:51:21 Shoutouts
Is it okay to use runBlocking?
In this video I’ll talk about when it’s fine to use the runBlocking function from Kotlin coroutines and when you...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 07.12
KSP2 Preview, Mastering in SwiftUI, How to implement gamification and more!
Gemini is the new foundation for artificial intelligence in Android
Foundation models are trained on a variety of data sources to create artificial intelligence systems that can adapt to a...
Google has released AlphaCode 2 based on Gemini
Google today, along with its Gemini artificial intelligence model, unveiled AlphaCode 2, an improved version of the AlphaCode code generator...
ColorfulX – Metal for crafting multi-colored gradients
ColorfulX is an implementation using Metal for crafting multi-colored gradients. ColorfulX Platform UIKit and AppKit platforms are generally supported. Due to MTKView not...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 06.12
Power of enums, A New Foundation for AI on Android, developer dogmas and more!