In this episode, Ritesh Gupta, Senior Staff Engineer from a famous OTT Platform, joins us. Get ready as he unveils how their team succeeded with Kotlin Multiplatform for Android and iOS Engineers.
- 00:15 – Introduction
- 01:58 – Preferring KMM over React Native and Flutter Personally.
- 04:25 – How to approach upcoming new tooling or frameworks?
- 10:45 – Getting serious with KMM for Production
- 13:05 – Real challenges with KMM: iOS vs Android
- 18:00 – Availability of different compatible Libraries
- 19:30 – Example of how to KMMify Analytics
- 22:13 – Convincing Product and Fellow Developers for KMM
- 32:12 – Structure of the KMM app for production
- 32:55 – Generating and distributing the iOS framework file
- 34:30 – Hosting the framework file for iOS
- 37:40 – Migrating to KMM from the current structure
- 38:36 – Gains from migrating to KMM
- 39:55 – Rewriting small features to KMM
- 45:50 – Different KMM libraries available for common use cases
- 47:20 – How to KMMify third-party libraries, with Firebase as an example
- 52:13 – Is the adoption of KMM libraries increasing?
- 55:35 – Release pipeline for KMM apps: Challenges
- 58:05 – Publishing and generation of .framework on iOS
- 1:11:00 – Conclusion
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 04.10
iOS New and Deprecated APIs in iOS 17 Abstract Class vs. Protocol-Oriented Approach in Swift Comparing the Performance of the...
New and Deprecated APIs in iOS 17
In this video, I would like to share with you some things that were either deprecated or added in iOS...
Promova helps people with dyslexia learn languages
The new Promova feature comes just in time for National Dyslexia Awareness Month and is available on the platform for...
Notify – A simple note application with modern MVVM, Compose and Material3
Notify is a simple note application that is built with Modern Android development tools. This project showcases the Good implementation...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 03.10
iOS MetaCodable – Supercharge Swift’s Codable implementations with macros meta-programming How to build a Tuist plugin and publish it using...
How to make and use BOM (Bill of Materials) dependencies in Android projects
By using a BOM dependency, you can avoid specifying the versions of each individual library in your app, and let...