Welcome to my guide on building a Ridesharing application! Between jobs, to keep my skills sharp, I built a Ride sharing application with driver-passenger chat, google maps, autcomplete destination searching, and directions.
- 00:00:00 Overview and Demonstration of the App
- 00:04:40 Application Architecture
- 00:07:24 Basic Compose Styles: Fonts, Colors
- 00:08:08 Building a login UI with Jetpack Compose
- 00:26:55 State Hoisting With ViewModels
- 00:28:03 XML Google MapView in ConstraintLayout
- 00:36:15 How to build a Chat Fragment FAST with Stream Chat SDK
- 00:43:20 Dependency Injection set up with Simple-Stack
- 00:46:38 Navigation, DI & Lifecycle management with Simple-Stack
- 00:53:32 Reactive ViewModel w/ Coroutines, Flows
- 01:01:25 Building a UI statemachine with Flows and combineTuple
- 01:06:32 UiState Sealed Interface & how to Collect (observe) it in the View
- 01:10:40 User management with Stream Chat Client & FirebaseAuth
- 01:12:51 Configuring Stream ChatClient
- 01:13:41 Initializing a Stream User
- 01:19:37 Managing Users in Stream
- 01:23:29 Managing & Querying Rideshare data with Stream Channels
- 01:30:09 Realtime Cross-client updates with Stream Channel subscibe
- 01:33:05 Google Maps & Location Permissions & Setup
- 01:37:05 Autocomplete Address Search Bar with Google Places
- 01:41:01 Google Maps Markers, Camera, and Google Directions API
- 1:48:56 Outro
What is Copy-On-Write
Copy-On-Write (COW) is a strategy used in computer programming and operating systems to optimize the performance and efficiency of memory...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 11.12
Large photos in SwiftUI, Mutation Testing, Processing Payments in Firebase and more!
SDKs for which Apple will require a signature have been published
Apple has already listed SDKs commonly used in apps in the App Store that, from spring 2024, you will be...
Discover the Journaling Suggestions API
Journaling Suggestions is a visual picker interface for iPhone applications. It displays personal events that are happening in a person’s...
Tusky – An Android client for the microblogging server Mastodon
Tusky is a beautiful Android client for Mastodon. Mastodon is an ActivityPub federated social network. That means no single entity controls...
Swift 30 Projects: 30 mini Swift Apps for self-study
This repo is updated with Swift 5 and compatible with iPhone X: Simple UIKit components UIScrollView, UITableView, UICollectionView CAAnimations and...