How To Build A Rideshare App Like Uber – Modern Development Android Tutorial
Welcome to my guide on building a Ridesharing application! Between jobs, to keep my skills sharp, I built a Ride sharing application with driver-passenger chat, google maps, autcomplete destination searching, and directions.
- 00:00:00 Overview and Demonstration of the App
- 00:04:40 Application Architecture
- 00:07:24 Basic Compose Styles: Fonts, Colors
- 00:08:08 Building a login UI with Jetpack Compose
- 00:26:55 State Hoisting With ViewModels
- 00:28:03 XML Google MapView in ConstraintLayout
- 00:36:15 How to build a Chat Fragment FAST with Stream Chat SDK
- 00:43:20 Dependency Injection set up with Simple-Stack
- 00:46:38 Navigation, DI & Lifecycle management with Simple-Stack
- 00:53:32 Reactive ViewModel w/ Coroutines, Flows
- 01:01:25 Building a UI statemachine with Flows and combineTuple
- 01:06:32 UiState Sealed Interface & how to Collect (observe) it in the View
- 01:10:40 User management with Stream Chat Client & FirebaseAuth
- 01:12:51 Configuring Stream ChatClient
- 01:13:41 Initializing a Stream User
- 01:19:37 Managing Users in Stream
- 01:23:29 Managing & Querying Rideshare data with Stream Channels
- 01:30:09 Realtime Cross-client updates with Stream Channel subscibe
- 01:33:05 Google Maps & Location Permissions & Setup
- 01:37:05 Autocomplete Address Search Bar with Google Places
- 01:41:01 Google Maps Markers, Camera, and Google Directions API
- 1:48:56 Outro
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 23.03
iOS TextEffects With SwiftUI and Physics MVVM, SwiftUI, Async/Await, and Combine: The Ultimate API Call Dream Team An Aurora Gradient...
Epic launches Unreal Editor for Fortnite and will pay creators 40% of revenue
Epic Games has announced a new payment system for the creators of Fortnite, the popular free-to-play battle royale game.
Circuit – A Compose-driven architecture for Kotlin and Android applications
Circuit is a simple, lightweight, and extensible framework for building Kotlin applications that’s Compose from the ground up. Compose itself...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 22.03
iOS The operation couldn’t be completed: solving errors in Swift 10 Best Practices for Writing Clean and Efficient Code in...
Duolingo is working on a music app
Duolingo is gradually expanding and launching new ancillary projects that could generate significant revenue in the coming years.
Yattee – Privacy oriented video player for iOS, tvOS and macOS
Privacy oriented video player for iOS, tvOS and macOS. Features Native user interface built with SwiftUI with customization settings Player queue and...