In this video, I am going to show you 6 of the most important Best practices when using Kotlin Coroutines in your Android Applications. By following these Best Practices, you will improve your Coroutine-based code a lot.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 01:01 – Best Practice 1 – Inject Dispatchers to enable testing
- 05:18 – Best Practice 2 – Suspend functions should be safe to call from the main thread
- 07:10 – Best Practice 3 – ViewModels should create Coroutines instead of exposing suspend functions to perform business logic
- 10:07 – Best Practice 4 – The data and business logic should expose Suspend Functions or Flows
- 14:31 – Best Practice 5 – Avoid GlobalScope
- 17:18 – Best Practice – Make Coroutines cancellable
- 20:33 – Get the Full Course “Mastering Kotlin Coroutines for Android Development”
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 21.09
iOS Closures vs. Delegates in Swift iOS How to use the new inspector SwiftUI view modifier How to create an...
2023 App Threat Report
In 2022 alone, the number of mobile app downloads surpassed a staggering 200 billion, emphasizing the pervasive presence of these...
ElectricSQL – Local-first sync layer for web and mobile apps
Local-first sync layer for web and mobile apps. Build reactive, realtime, local-first apps directly on Postgres. What is ElectricSQL? ElectricSQL...
GitHub Copilot Chat opened to individual developers
Like similar chatbots, Copilot Chat sits in the sidebar of the IDE, and developers can use it to have lengthy...
ComposeCard – A beautifully designed payment view library
ComposeCards is a beautifully designed payment view library for Credit and Debit Cards. Made using Jetpack Compose 🎉. It allows...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 20.09
Airship has released another study of mobile users aka shoppers. A lot of interesting things about habits and tasks in...