Unity has released its Unity Gaming Report 2022 which takes a deep dive into the number of games created on the engine, as well as monetisation, engagement, and other key trends over the past year.
The gaming industry is booming. As the field grows more crowded, we want you to have the insights you need to succeed. In the Unity Gaming Report 2022, you’ll discover the latest trends to help you make more informed decisions, whether you’re a solo dev or member of a large studio.
Key facts about Gaming 2022
- More games are being published in every category, and the number of Unity creators increased 31% in the last year.
- 18 months after the peak of the pandemic, gaming is still up more than 50%.
- Developer gaming revenue grew almost 30% last year.
- Hypercasual games lose market share after reaching the million-player mark.
- The number of multiplatform games released has grown 200% in the last five years.
- As chart shows, following a new content drop, the impact at the median is a 3.46% lift to IAP. But, for the content releases that are hits, where people want to come back to again and again, new content drives high increases in the number of people playing. Following new content for games at the 95th percentile of DAUs, IAP revenue increased more than 85%.
Download Unity Gaming Report 2022 for free and read more about gaming trends.
Is it okay to use runBlocking?
In this video I’ll talk about when it’s fine to use the runBlocking function from Kotlin coroutines and when you...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 07.12
KSP2 Preview, Mastering in SwiftUI, How to implement gamification and more!
Gemini is the new foundation for artificial intelligence in Android
Foundation models are trained on a variety of data sources to create artificial intelligence systems that can adapt to a...
Google has released AlphaCode 2 based on Gemini
Google today, along with its Gemini artificial intelligence model, unveiled AlphaCode 2, an improved version of the AlphaCode code generator...
ColorfulX – Metal for crafting multi-colored gradients
ColorfulX is an implementation using Metal for crafting multi-colored gradients. ColorfulX Platform UIKit and AppKit platforms are generally supported. Due to MTKView not...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 06.12
Power of enums, A New Foundation for AI on Android, developer dogmas and more!