This is a slack clone app built with Jetpack Compose and Stream Chat SDK for Compose following clean architecture principles.
The purpose of this repository is to demonstrate below:
- Implementing entire UI elements with Jetpack Compose.
- Implementation of Android architecture components with Jetpack libraries such as Hilt.
- Performing background tasks with Kotlin Coroutines.
- Integrating chat systems with Stream Chat SDK for real-time event handling and authentication.
Tech Sacks & Open Source Libraries
- Minimum SDK level 21.
- 100% Jetpack Compose based + Coroutines + Flow for asynchronous.
- Compose Chat SDK for Messaging: The Jetpack Compose Chat Messaging SDK is built on a low-level chat client and provides modular, customizable Compose UI components that you can easily drop into your app.
- Compose: Android’s modern toolkit for building native UI.
- Lifecycle: Observe lifecycle changes.
- ViewModel: UI related data holder and lifecycle aware.
- Room Persistence: Constructs Database by providing an abstraction layer over SQLite to allow fluent database access.
- Paging3: Loads and displays pages of data from a larger dataset from local storage or over network.
- App Startup: Provides a straightforward, performant way to initialize components at application startup.
- Hilt: Dependency Injection.
- Landscapist-Glide: Jetpack Compose image loading library that fetches and displays network images with Glide, Coil, and Fresco.
- Retrofit2 & OkHttp3: Construct the REST APIs and paging network data.
- Timber: A logger with a small, extensible API which provides utility.
What is Copy-On-Write
Copy-On-Write (COW) is a strategy used in computer programming and operating systems to optimize the performance and efficiency of memory...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 11.12
Large photos in SwiftUI, Mutation Testing, Processing Payments in Firebase and more!
SDKs for which Apple will require a signature have been published
Apple has already listed SDKs commonly used in apps in the App Store that, from spring 2024, you will be...
Discover the Journaling Suggestions API
Journaling Suggestions is a visual picker interface for iPhone applications. It displays personal events that are happening in a person’s...
Tusky – An Android client for the microblogging server Mastodon
Tusky is a beautiful Android client for Mastodon. Mastodon is an ActivityPub federated social network. That means no single entity controls...
Swift 30 Projects: 30 mini Swift Apps for self-study
This repo is updated with Swift 5 and compatible with iPhone X: Simple UIKit components UIScrollView, UITableView, UICollectionView CAAnimations and...