Scrcpy – Display and control your Android device
This application mirrors Android devices (video and audio) connected via USB or over TCP/IP, and allows to control the device with the keyboard and the mouse of the computer. It does not require any root access. It works on Linux, Windows and macOS.
It focuses on:
- lightness: native, displays only the device screen
- performance: 30~120fps, depending on the device
- quality: 1920×1080 or above
- low latency: 35~70ms
- low startup time: ~1 second to display the first image
- non-intrusiveness: nothing is left installed on the Android device
- user benefits: no account, no ads, no internet required
- freedom: free and open source software
Its features include:
- audio forwarding (Android >= 11)
- mirroring with Android device screen off
- copy-paste in both directions
- configurable quality
- Android device as a webcam (V4L2) (Linux-only)
- physical keyboard/mouse simulation (HID)
- OTG mode
- and more…
The Android device requires at least API 21 (Android 5.0).
Audio forwarding is supported from API 30 (Android 11).
Make sure you enabled USB debugging on your device(s).
On some devices, you also need to enable an additional option
USB debugging (Security Settings) (this is an item different from
USB debugging) to control it using a keyboard and mouse.
Get the app
The application provides a lot of features and configuration options. They are documented in the following pages:
- Translations (not necessarily up to date)
- Build instructions
If you encounter a bug, please read the FAQ first, then open an issue.
For general questions or discussions, you can also use:
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 23.03
iOS TextEffects With SwiftUI and Physics MVVM, SwiftUI, Async/Await, and Combine: The Ultimate API Call Dream Team An Aurora Gradient...
Epic launches Unreal Editor for Fortnite and will pay creators 40% of revenue
Epic Games has announced a new payment system for the creators of Fortnite, the popular free-to-play battle royale game.
Circuit – A Compose-driven architecture for Kotlin and Android applications
Circuit is a simple, lightweight, and extensible framework for building Kotlin applications that’s Compose from the ground up. Compose itself...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 22.03
iOS The operation couldn’t be completed: solving errors in Swift 10 Best Practices for Writing Clean and Efficient Code in...
Duolingo is working on a music app
Duolingo is gradually expanding and launching new ancillary projects that could generate significant revenue in the coming years.
Yattee – Privacy oriented video player for iOS, tvOS and macOS
Privacy oriented video player for iOS, tvOS and macOS. Features Native user interface built with SwiftUI with customization settings Player queue and...