Runestone – a performant plain text editor for iOS with code editing features.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Line numbers.
- Highlight the selected line.
- Show invisible characters (tabs, spaces and line breaks).
- Insertion of character pairs, e.g. inserting the trailing quotation mark when inserting the leading.
- Customization of colors and fonts.
- Toggle line wrapping on and off.
- Adjust height of lines.
- Add a page guide.
- Add vertical and horizontal overscroll.
- Highlight ranges in the text view.
- Search the text using regular expressions.
- Automatically detects if a file is using spaces or tabs for indentation.
- Specify line endings (CR, LF, CRLF) to use when inserting a line break.
- Automatically detect line endings in a text.
Runestone was built to be fast. Its good performance is by far mostly thanks to Tree-sitter’s incremental parsing and AvalonEdit’s approach for managing lines in a document.
When judging the performance of Runestone, it is key to build your app in the release configuration. The optimizations applied by the compiler when using the release configuration becomes very apparent when opening large documents.
The project should mostly work with Catalyst on the Mac, however, it isn’t fully tested and the implementation isn’t considered done. The focus is currently on the iPhone and iPad.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 02.10
Data.ai has summarized the interim results of the year – and once again we have a record. Annual consumer spending...
How to Use Kotlin’s Timing API
Kotlin’s Timing API is stable as of Kotlin 1.9, and it offers some great ways to both measure and specify...
Candy Crush made $20 billion
King attributes its huge success to several factors, including not only the games themselves, but also the company's commitment to...
FittedSheets – Bottom sheets for iOS.
This project is to enable easily presenting view controllers in a bottom sheet that supports scrollviews and multiple sizes. Contributions...
ComposeFadingEdges – Android Compose UI with fading edges
The ComposeFadingEdges is a powerful Android Compose library that seamlessly incorporates customisable fading edges with horizontal or vertical orientations, static or scrollable...
Mobile Consumer Spend Surpasses $100 Billion in Record Time in 2023
Positive growth in mobile consumer spend continued in Q3 2023 at a solid 3.7% year-over-year. Downloads declined slightly over the...