Runestone – a performant plain text editor for iOS with code editing features.
- Syntax highlighting.
- Line numbers.
- Highlight the selected line.
- Show invisible characters (tabs, spaces and line breaks).
- Insertion of character pairs, e.g. inserting the trailing quotation mark when inserting the leading.
- Customization of colors and fonts.
- Toggle line wrapping on and off.
- Adjust height of lines.
- Add a page guide.
- Add vertical and horizontal overscroll.
- Highlight ranges in the text view.
- Search the text using regular expressions.
- Automatically detects if a file is using spaces or tabs for indentation.
- Specify line endings (CR, LF, CRLF) to use when inserting a line break.
- Automatically detect line endings in a text.
Runestone was built to be fast. Its good performance is by far mostly thanks to Tree-sitter’s incremental parsing and AvalonEdit’s approach for managing lines in a document.
When judging the performance of Runestone, it is key to build your app in the release configuration. The optimizations applied by the compiler when using the release configuration becomes very apparent when opening large documents.
The project should mostly work with Catalyst on the Mac, however, it isn’t fully tested and the implementation isn’t considered done. The focus is currently on the iPhone and iPad.
Mobile \ Read more \ 24.11
iOS How to Create Your Xcode Cloud Workflow Two Practical Uses of Enum in Swift Removing 30% of our iOS...
Cloudy – Jetpack Compose blur effect library
Jetpack Compose blur process library, which supports all Android versions. The `blur` modifier supports only Android 12 and higher, and...
Mobile \ Read more \ 23.11
iOS SwiftUI Binding Extensions Get Started With The Dynamic Island and Live Activities in iOS 16.1 Dependency Injection in Swift...
97% of game revenue comes from repeat purchases
According to research, users who have already made a purchase are more likely to make a second one.
PromiseKit – Promises for Swift & ObjC
Promises simplify asynchronous programming, freeing you up to focus on the more important things. They are easy to learn, easy...
Mobile \ Read more \ 22.11
iOS How to implement sound waves in iOS by using ZEGOCLOUD SDK Make swift ‘contains()’ and ‘filter()’ ready for iOS...