Quake Watch – Quake 1 port to Apple Watch
Quake 1 game ported to Apple Watch, running on Series 5.
- uses Quake SW renderer + blitting to WatchKit surface (~60 fps, 640×480, larger res can run on lower framerate, tested up until 1024×768)
- touch + gyro + digital crown controls
- new AVFoundation audio backend (quake to Watchkit audio buffer copy logic), as Watchkit does not support CoreAudio
- high pass audio filter to remove clicking on Watch speaker for some of the low frequency quake .wav samples
- some smaller modifications and code updates to glue Quake 1 c code to Objective C and Watchkit
- built on OSS release of Quake 1 by id software and later Mac and iOS OSS ports
Quake assets are still copyrighted, repo contains only source code.
Binaries cannot be distributed on App Store, but having a Mac, you can build the app yourself, I have also provided shell script which can download assets from shareware release of Quake.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 29.03
iOS How Implicit Return Types Removed that Annoying Swift Inconsistency SwiftUI Tutorial: Create Child Views with ViewBuilder How to pick...
Amazon opens its Sidewalk network to developers
The integration of AWS IoT Core and Amazon Sidewalk marks a major milestone for developers, manufacturers, and customers by making...
App Store submission requirement starts April 25
The latest version of Xcode 14, which includes the latest SDKs for iOS 16, iPadOS 16, and watchOS 9, is available for free on...
Smart AutoClicker – An open-source auto clicker for Android
Smart AutoClicker is an Android application allowing to automate repetitive task by clicking automatically for you on the screen. Unlike...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 28.03
iOS Location Simulation in Xcode’s Simulator Swift 5.8 Release: You Can Use Future Features Now SwiftLint: An Essential Tool for...
The app market in the 1st quarter of 2023 will bring a record $33.9 billion
App spending returns to growth as the mobile ecosystem recovers from a slump in 2022. App downloads also grew by...