Quake 1 game ported to Apple Watch, running on Series 5.
- uses Quake SW renderer + blitting to WatchKit surface (~60 fps, 640×480, larger res can run on lower framerate, tested up until 1024×768)
- touch + gyro + digital crown controls
- new AVFoundation audio backend (quake to Watchkit audio buffer copy logic), as Watchkit does not support CoreAudio
- high pass audio filter to remove clicking on Watch speaker for some of the low frequency quake .wav samples
- some smaller modifications and code updates to glue Quake 1 c code to Objective C and Watchkit
- built on OSS release of Quake 1 by id software and later Mac and iOS OSS ports
Quake assets are still copyrighted, repo contains only source code.
Binaries cannot be distributed on App Store, but having a Mac, you can build the app yourself, I have also provided shell script which can download assets from shareware release of Quake.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 28.09
iOS Decodable CoreData: A Proof-of-Concept for Building Offline-First iOS Apps The Future of Accessing User Location in SwiftUI Create SPM...
What is Dependency Injection
The primary goal of dependency injection is to reduce the coupling between components by removing the dependency resolution responsibility from...
Dependency Management in a Multi-Module Project – THIS Is How You Need to Do It
⭐ Learn how to make apps scale with a multi-module architecture.
Raspberry Pi 5 microcomputer unveiled
At launch, the Raspberry Pi 5 will come with several RAM options: $60 for the 4GB version and $80 for...
Cashew – Personal finances on Flutter
Cashew is a full-fledged, feature-rich application designed to empower users in managing their finances effectively. Built using Flutter – with...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 27.09
Swipe Actions from Scratch, Effective code reviews for Android developers, WebP exploit and more!