mpv-android is a video player for Android based on libmpv.
- Hardware and software video decoding
- Gesture-based seeking, volume/brightness control and more
- libass support for styled subtitles
- Secondary (or dual) subtitle support
- Advanced video settings (interpolation, debanding, scalers, …)
- Play network streams with the “Open URL” function
- Background playback, Picture-in-Picture, keyboard input supported
Note that mpv-android is not a library you can embed into your app, but you can look here for inspiration. The important parts are
MPVView and the native code. libmpv/ffmpeg is built by these scripts.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 21.09
iOS Closures vs. Delegates in Swift iOS How to use the new inspector SwiftUI view modifier How to create an...
2023 App Threat Report
In 2022 alone, the number of mobile app downloads surpassed a staggering 200 billion, emphasizing the pervasive presence of these...
ElectricSQL – Local-first sync layer for web and mobile apps
Local-first sync layer for web and mobile apps. Build reactive, realtime, local-first apps directly on Postgres. What is ElectricSQL? ElectricSQL...
GitHub Copilot Chat opened to individual developers
Like similar chatbots, Copilot Chat sits in the sidebar of the IDE, and developers can use it to have lengthy...
ComposeCard – A beautifully designed payment view library
ComposeCards is a beautifully designed payment view library for Credit and Debit Cards. Made using Jetpack Compose 🎉. It allows...
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 20.09
Airship has released another study of mobile users aka shoppers. A lot of interesting things about habits and tasks in...