An open-source framework for the rapid development of modern, interoperable digital health applications.
For more information, please refer to the API documentation.
The CardinalKit Architecture
CardinalKit introduces a standards-based modular approach to building digital health applications. A standard builds the shared repository of data mapped to a common understanding that is used to exchange data between CardinalKit modules.
We differentiate between five different types of modules:
- Standard: Acts as a shared repository and common ground of communication between modules. We, e.g., provide the FHIR standard as a great standard to build your digital health applications.
- Data Sources: Provide input to a standard and utilize the standard’s data source registration functionality and adapters to transform data into the standardized format. Examples include the HealthKit data source.
- Data Source User Interfaces: Data source user interfaces are data sources that also present user interface components. This, e.g., includes the questionnaire module in the CardinalKit Swift Package.
- Data Storage Providers: Data storage providers obtain elements from a standard and persistently store them. Examples include uploading the data to a cloud storage provider such as the Firebase module.
- Research Application User Interface: Research application user interfaces display additional context in the application and include the onboarding, consent, and contacts modules to display great digital health applications.
The API documentation includes a selector to switch between the different Swift Package Manager Targets, allowing you to explore the different modules that are included in the CardinalKit repository.
The CardinalKit Template Application
The CardinalKit Template Application provides a great starting point and example about using the different CardinalKit modules.
Mobile App Development Best Practices – 30.11
XcodeKit, Kotlin Functions, Knowledge Graphs from scratch and more!
Working with XcodeKit
In this talk, we'll delve into the world of XcodeKit and Editor Extensions, showing you how to streamline your workflow,...
Google Play’s best apps and games of 2023
Google and Apple have announced the best apps and games in their shops. Here’s how the top looks like in...
Best apps and games of the year in the App Store Awards 2023
For more than a decade now, Apple has set aside time at the end of the year to recognise the...
FlexibleBottomSheet – Advanced Jetpack Compose bottom sheet
FlexibleBottomSheet is an advanced Jetpack Compose bottom sheet that allows you to implement segmented sizing and non-modal type, similar to...
Mobile App Monetization Guide 2023
Learn how to dominate high growth periods with proven best practices and powerful technology.