A continuous learning mindset is a key quality of a software developer who wants to stay relevant and grow their market value. Vectorly has prepared a list of 20 most popular books on software engineering to help you with that.
This list is a must for developers who want to be aware of the latest trends and open their minds.
- Fluent Python by Luciano Ramalho
- Learning Go by Jon Bodner
- Fundamentals of Software Architecture by Mark Richards, Neal Ford
- Python Crash Course by Eric Matthes
- Head First Design Patterns by Eric Freeman, Elisabeth Robson
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship by Robert C. Martin
- Programming Rust by Jim Blandy, Jason Orendorff, Leonora F.S. Tindall
- OCP Oracle Certified Professional Java SE 11 Developer Complete Study Guide by Jeanne Boyarsky, Scott Selikoff
- Software Architecture: The Hard Parts by Neal Ford, Mark Richards, Pramod Sadalage, Zhamak Dehghani
- Software Engineering at Google by Titus Winters, Tom Manshreck, Hyrum Wright
- Python for Data Analysis by Wes McKinney
- Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
- Introducing Python by Bill Lubanovic
- 40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know by Imran Ahmad
- The Pragmatic Programmer: your journey to mastery by David Thomas, Andrew Hunt
- Clean Architecture: A Craftsman’s Guide to Software Structure and Design by Robert C. Martin
- Learning Domain-Driven Design by Vlad Khononov
- Grokking Algorithms by Aditya Bhargava, Jed Limke
- C# 9.0 in a Nutshell by Joseph Albahari
- Microservices Patterns by Chris Richardson
If you want to include reading books in your software engineers’ education routine to build specific skills, try Vectorly’s Growth Plan, which automates the process of finding a relevant source to develop a certain skill.
This is how it looks like. Vectorly analyzes the working activity of your team members for you and offers specific activities from the knowledge base — books, online courses, mentors, or other sources — integrated with the service. All you need to do is choose between the offered recommendations and add the task to an employees’s to-do list.
Full Article: Irina Seng @ Vectorly Team